BiblioTemps® is an employment service of the Massachusetts Library System that specializes in the recruitment of skilled library workers for short-term and temporary to permanent placements in public, academic, and special libraries. In FY 2016, our temps have provided over 11 thousand hours of quality service to libraries throughout Massachusetts. It is our mission to empower libraries by providing them with personnel resources required to meet patron needs and to contribute to a strong library workforce in Massachusetts.
BiblioTemps® seeks people with all levels and types of library experience. Our goal is to assemble a team that can meet a full range of library staffing needs. Candidates include:
- Experienced professional librarians
- New professionals with a master’s degree in library science
- General staff with library experience
Potential BiblioTemps® come from all stages of life:
- Recently retired
- New graduates
- Part-time workers in need of additional hours
- Library school students
If you are a fast learner and a strong team player with the experience and desire to help Massachusetts libraries meet their patrons’ needs, then BiblioTemps® is for you!
How can BiblioTemps® help your library?
We recruit and screen library staff and match them with client library requests. Among BiblioTemps® are workers who specialize in:
- Archives/Local History/Digital Libraries
- Book Repair
- Grant writing
- Information technology
- Web design and authoring
- Youth Services
- And many more!
At BiblioTemps® we will:
- Review résumés and interview potential staff.
- Process employment paperwork and conduct a CORI check, if needed.
- Provide a brief orientation for staff focusing on principles, procedures and customer service.
- Seek the best match of skills and abilities with the request for personnel.
- Send you résumés to review and select from, or arranges interviews to meet your needs.
- Process timesheets and payroll for personnel placed at your library.
The placement libraries provide training and daily supervision, while MLS manages payroll and bills clients for salary costs plus a service fee.