BiblioTemps® seeks people with library experience to fill short-term assignments at libraries throughout Massachusetts in areas including:
- Grant writing
- Web design
- Youth services
- And many more!
BiblioTemps® will be assigned to help manage public service desks, complete special projects, or assist with other aspects of library operations. Assignments may range from one day substitutions to multi-month interim placements.
Are you a good candidate for BiblioTemps®?
BiblioTemps® seeks people with all levels and types of library experience. Our goal is to assemble a team that can meet a full range of library staffing needs, from Circulation Desk worker to Interim Director. Candidates include:
- Experienced professional librarians
- New professionals with a master’s degree in library science
- General staff with library experience
- Recently retired
- New graduates
- Part-time workers in need of additional hours
- Library school students
If you are a fast learner and a strong team player with the experience and desire to help Massachusetts libraries meet their patrons’ needs, then BiblioTemps® is for you!
How much are BiblioTemps® paid?
BiblioTemps® workers are paid according to their level of library experience and the job duties required for the placement.
Do BiblioTemps® receive benefits?
BiblioTemps® receive a Sick Leave benefit, whereby you can accrue 1 hour of sick leave for every 30 hours you work. You are covered through MLS’s workers’ compensation, unemployment, and other liability policies. Candidates are also eligible to participate in Massachusetts Library System’s continuing education workshops on a space available basis. For details, see the Guidelines for Temps.
How do I become a BiblioTemps® candidate?
To join the pool of BiblioTemps® staff, go to SUBMIT RESUME below.
- You may apply to the “BT Candidate Pool” to be considered for all opportunities.
- In some cases, we may list specific positions separately. You may apply directly to such positions. Please note that most positions available will not be listed separately, in which case we will draw from “BT Candidate Pool” applicants.
Links for Temps: